Dr. Florencio Q. Lucero, who pioneered the use of Adipose or Fat Adult Stem Cell Transplant in the Philippines in 2006, is a seasoned plastic surgeon with 34 years of private practice in Manila and in Dubai in the U.A.E.
He has conducted a number of clinical trials on stem cells and presented their results – and is now widely regarded as an authority on the subject.
A professor at the University of the Philippines College of Medicine since 1980, he values continuing education and regularly attends international conferences and exchanges notes with his colleagues to further widen his knowledge of stem cell treatment.
Dr. Lucero received his medical degree from The Far Eastern University Institute of Medicine in 1970 and passed the licensure examinations on that same year, placing 7th overall.
He completed his three-year general surgery residency and two-year plastic surgery residency at the Philippine General Hospitalthen took another year of general surgery training at the Eaton Hospital in Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
In 1977, he entered the Burn Surgery Fellowship of the Cook County Hospital in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A and, after completing the year-long program, attended the Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship of the Straith Clinic in Southfield, Michigan, U.S.A. until 1979.
Dr. Lucero received his diplomate from Philippine Board of Plastic Surgery shortly after returning to the country in 1980. He has been practicing since while also teaching, giving lectures in various medical fora here and abroad and mentoring 40 other plastic surgeons, who now have their own successful careers.
- Philippines Professional Regulatory Commission: 38682
- placed 7th place in 1970 Physician Licensure Examination
- Dubai Healthcare City : MS 0259-07
- Michigan Medical Practice Board : 37893
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- 1965 - 1970 : Doctor of Medicine, FEU Institute of Medicine, Manila, Philippines
- 1970 - 1973 : General Surgery Residency, UP-PGH, Manila, Philippines
- 1973 - 1975 : Plastic Surgery Residency, UP-PGH, Manila, Philippines
- 1975 - 1976 : General Surgery Residency, Easton Hospital, Pennsylvania, U.S.A
- 1976 - 1977 : Burn Surgery Fellowship, Cook County Hospital, Illinois, U.S.A
- 1977 - 1979 : Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Fellowship, Straith Clinic, Michigan, U.S.A
HOSPITAL & AMBULATORY CLINIC AFFILIATIONS
- MEDICAL PLAZA ORTIGAS - Unit 1111, 11th Floor. San Miguel Avenue, Ortigas, Pasig, Philippines
- CENTURIA MEDICAL MAKATI (Opening Soon) - Rm 1834 Century City Mall, Makati Ave., Makati City, Philippines
- Affiliate Facilities
- MANILA ADVENTIST MEDICAL CENTER - 1975 Donada St. Pasay City, Philippines
- MEDICARD LIFESTYLE CENTER - 51 Paseo de Roxas, Makati City, Philippines
- EA REGENERATIVE MEDICINE - 21/F, Zuellig Bldg. Makati Ave. cor. Paseo de Roxas, Makati Cit, Philippines
- Brazilian Association of Tissue Engineering and Stem Cells Research (ABRATRON)
- International Federation of Adipose Therapeutics and Science(IFATS)
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery(ISAPS)
- International Society of Plastic Regenerative Surgery (ISPRES)
- Oriental Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (OSAPS)
- Philippine Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons, Fellow (PAPRAS)
- Philippine Board of Plastic Surgery, Diplomate, (PBPS)
- Philippine College of Surgeons, Fellow (PCS)
- Philippine Medical Association, Life Member (PMA)
- Philippine Society for Burn Injuries(PSBI)
- Secretary, President (2 terms), PAPRAS
- Chairman, PBPS
- President, PSBI
- Regent, PCS
- Founding Member, National Secretary, President, OSAPS
- National Secretary, ISAPS
- Chief of Plastic Surgery, Professor V, U.P. Philippine General Hospital
WRITTEN & PUBLISHED WORKS
- "Continuous Peritoneal Lavage in Generalized Peritonitis Tuberculin Testing Among Filipino Burn Patients"
- "Total Serum Iodine in Povidone-Iodine Treated Burn Patients"
- "Two Cases of Elevated Serum Iodine in Povidone-Iodine Treated Burn Patients"
- "The Use of Petrolatum in the Care of Skin Graft Donor Site"
- "The Significance of Quantitative Bacterial Analysis in the Prediction of Skin Graft Take"
- "Axillary Augmentation Mammoplasty," Tokyo, Japan
- "Oriental Blepharoplasty," Bangkok, Thailand
- "Contour Threads," Manila, Philippines
- "Non-Surgical Facial Rejuvenation (Botox), Chiang Mai, Thailand
- "Rhinoplasty," Chiang Mai, Thailand
- "Botulinum Toxin, Bangkok, Thailand
- "Adjunctive Role of Botulinum Toxin in Cosmetic Surgery," Melbourne, Australia
- "Stem Cell in Cosmetic Surgery," Singapore
- "Grading of Peri-orbital Fats in Lower Blepharoplasty," Singapore
- "Injectables, BTX, and Other Devices," Singapore
- "The Adjunctive Role of BTX in Cosmetic Surgery," Singapore
- "Comparison of Threading and MACS Lift," Singapore
- "Grading of Peri-orbital Fats in Lower Blepharoplasty," Cebu City Philippines
- "MACS Lift in Non-Caucasians," Singapore
- "Oriental Blepharoplasty," Singapore
- "Oriental Blepharoplasty," Tokyo, Japan
- "TransaxillaySubmuscular Augmentation Mammoplasty," Tokyo, Japan
- "Platelet-Rich Plasma in Facial Rejuvenation," Tokyo, Japan
STEM CELL CLINICAL TRIALS CONDUCTED
- "The Efficacy and Safety of Autologous Fat Stem Cell Transplant in the Management of Type1 and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus"
- "The Efficacy and Safety of Sheep Placental Stem cell activator in Facial Rejuvenation"
- "Cosmetic Application of Platelet Rich Plasma as Stem Cell Activator in Facial Rejuvenation"